Being the USA multinational company, it works in a series of membership-only through warehouse clubs. Being the second largest retailer in the world after Walmart, Costco has over 100 warehouses throughout Canada. Moreover, it is considered as the largest retailer in prime beef, organic foods, wine, and rotisserie chicken. If you get injured in one of the Costco Store, you can file a case for compensation. You can get assistance from the best personal injury lawyer Toronto about your case. Common injuries usually happen in Costco warehouses include:
- When the weather condition is wet outside, the visitors drag dirty snow, slush and rain water with their boots that make the store’s floor slippery.
- When unpacked products lying on the floor and they need to be put on the shelves.
- When a spill of any liquid product are ignored for long periods of time.
- Cleaned or washed floor become more slippery and when the “Wet Floor” sign board is placed there, it leads to slip and fall injuries.
- Lastly, when snow and ice are not removed from the parking lots and on walkways, it may also lead to injuries.
What Should Be Done After A Slip And Fall Accident?
When you get injured at the Costco store due to the negligence of Costco store’ management, you can sue the store for compensation. But, you have to prove that the store did not perform the uppermost duty of care that is why it leads to the accident. You must know that the Costco store have experienced attorneys and insurance company who can easily defend them.
- Report the slip and fall accident immediately to the store employees.
- If the injuries are severe, get a copy of the report as soon as possible.
- Collect the adequate evidences to make your case stronger like the picture of the accidental area and your injuries, accident-related bills and medical records. You can present an eye witness if you can.
- Last but not the least, hire a professional lawyer who can represent your side at the courtroom. Because, an attorney has the adequate knowledge, training and experience to make your case more solid and to win. Moreover, an attorney can help you in gathering relevant evidence, conducting essential investigations. An attorney can assist you the right way that help you to receive the deserving compensation.